Sponsor: German Academic Exchange Service / Deutscher Academischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD)
The DAAD and “Roche Diagnostics” is offering scholarships for advanced research placements at one of Europe’s leading Biotechnology centres in Penzberg, near Munich. The scholarships are open to all highly qualified young post-doctoral scholars from EU countries, the USA and Canada. The scholarships are aimed at young post-doctoral researchers for whom experience in industrial research is an important qualifying step in their professional careers. Experimental research and developments in the area of Diagnostics will be supported by German university professors. Main Subject areas:
The following areas of research within the field of Diagnostics will be offered in Penzberg. Applicants should include their chosen area of study in their application forms, as well as two alternative options. (pls. see attachment)
12 months, with a possible extension of up to a further 12 months.
Details of the Scholarship:
· Monthly allowance of 2,250 EUR.
· Supplementary allowance for married scholarship holders with families.
· Travel costs. Please note, the method of payment will vary depending on which country the application comes from.
· Combined health, personal and accident insurance cover.
· German language course (based on current level of German).
· Help finding accommodation.
· Applicants must have an excellent academic background.
· Applicants will be selected, based on their previous academic achievements. Candidates should display knowledge of at least one of the following areas of study: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Bio-Informatics, Biotechnology, Protein Engineering, Immunology, Oncology, In-vivo Imaging.
· Applicants should submit 2 references by their university lecturer/supervisor. These should include both academic and personal details on the applicant.
· Knowledge of German is not required.
Application details can be found on the application form (Application for Research Grants and Study Scholarships) at: http://www.daad.de/
Applications can be submitted at any time.
All applications should be submitted to a local DAAD office or to ‘Referat 521’ at the DAAD Head Office in Bonn.
Further information can be obtained from:
DAAD, Referat 521
Postfach 20 04 04
Tel: 0049 228 882 339
Fax: 0049 228 882 444