One post-doc or PhD student position is now available in the laboratory of Dr Lionel Berthoux, currently located at Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, Canada. Starting date should be by the end of 2010. Topics include but are not limited to:
–Cellular factors inhibiting HIV-1 and other retroviruses, and gene therapy applications (see Pham et al, Gene Ther 2010).
–Cellular factors involved in post-retroviral integration DNA repair (see Yang et al, Virology 2010).
–HIV-1 intracellular transport.
–Modification of cellular and viral proteins by SUMO.
• Research is funded by CIHR and by the Canada Research Chairs program. Dr Berthoux holds a Chair in cellular and molecular retrovirology.
• Salary is guaranteed but candidates are encouraged to apply to external training grants.
• Prior experience in retrovirology, molecular biology, genetic screens, or protein biochemistry is desirable but not required.
• Candidates must be eager to make a difference, and those applying to postdoc positions should have demonstrated ability to publish and communicate results.
• Québec universities are predominantly French-speaking, but both English and French are spoken in the lab, and good English communication skills are required. PhD students are allowed to write their thesis in English.
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of 3 references, as one pdf file to be sent to: Berthoux.firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: CANADA-CHILE EXCHANGE PROGRAM. This program provides grants for relatively short stays (4-6 months) in Canada. Therefore, I will also accept applications for such short durations. It is possible to start a Ph.D. under this grant and then transfer to other types of funding. Information on this program can be found here:
Deadline for this program is May 31.